Stanton Bonna Concrete Ltd is a leading UK manufacturer of high quality, precast concrete products for the Civil Engineering industry. Based in Ilkeston, Derbyshire we are part of the Consolis Group, Europe’s largest precast concrete producer.
Quality Manager / Concrete Technologist – 12 month fixed term contract
In order to support growth and development of the business by championing Concrete and Product Quality, a Quality Manager/Concrete Technologist is required on a fixed term contract basis.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the chosen candidate will be responsible for a small team of technicians/operatives.
- Manage the department’s work in accordance with the Company’s H&S policy and procedures.
- Manage, perform and report on materials, concrete and product testing in accordance with the Company’s third party certified ISO 9001 QMS and Kitemark licence.
- Identify and implement improvements, including but not limited to the concrete design and technology adopted across the multiple batching plants on site.
- Assist in performing internal and supplier quality audits and host third party quality audits.
- Assist the Production departments in ‘Lean’ activities and projects.
- Assist the Commercial department in providing customer support, complaint investigation through to resolution and new product development.
Qualifications & Experience
Applications are invited from candidates with a degree in a construction/production related subject or a recognised qualification in Concrete Technology (for example: ICT Concrete Technology & Construction Stage 2; University Certificate in Concrete Technology).
The candidate will need proven experience in a Quality Control/Quality Assurance role in a Construction, Civil Engineering or Building environment and have experience of working with concrete.
Consideration will also be given to degree qualified candidates with sound experience in a Concrete Technology environment, who have the aptitude and desire to move in to a quality engineering role.
We seek a self-motivated and detailed person who is approachable with the drive to improve and develop as an individual and as part of a team. You will be willing to drive long distances at times and have great written and verbal English.
Please apply with covering letter and CV, including details of current salary, to Jayne Hawley at:
Mail: Stanton Bonna Concrete Ltd, Littlewell Lane, Stanton-By-Dale, Ilkeston, Derbyshire. DE7 4QW.
Candidates applying must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
Closing date: 31st January 2018.
Strictly no agencies please.