Customers have successfully installed our circular concrete pipes, junctions and bends for the past 90 years on a diverse range of projects, across the length and breadth of the UK, from a few metres to tens of kilometres on major road projects. Stanton Bonna have the widest range of precast concrete pipe sizes available in the UK.
Circular concrete pipes are available in an extensive range from DN 300 to DN 2400 with a full range of fittings including bends, fixed branch and universal junctions, rocker and butt pipes.
Pipes are available with integrated gasket (IG) joint for DN 300-1800 and sliding gasket (SG) joint for DN 2000-2400.
- Products are resistant to DC4 of sulfate attack, as defined in BRE Digest SD1 2001.
- IG joint pipes employ an integrated gasket cast into the pipe socket.
- SG joint pipes employ a sliding gasket fitted onto the pipe spigot.
- Contact our Technical Team for information on compatability with other makes of pipe.
- Gaskets are manufactured in SBR or EPDM and comply with BS EN 681-1.
- Nitrile gaskets are available upon request for the majority of sizes.
- Pipes are vertically cast using vibration to compact a semi-dry concrete mix into the mould.
- Circular pipes and fittings are manufacturing to BS 5911-1 and BS EN 1916.
- New users should refer to our handling and installation instructions available here.
Delivery to the M1 widening scheme
Integrated Gasket Joint Pipes
Joint Deflection Data*
|Nominal Size of Pipe||Minimum Angular Deflection||Minimum Angular Deflection|
|300 - 600||2.4 - 1.2||12.5|
|675 - 1200||1.1 - 0.6||12.5|
|1400 - 2400||0.5 - 0.3||12.5|
*As defined in BS 5911-1 & BS EN 1916.
During installation, joint gaps should be kept to a minimum whilst allowing for post installation deflection. The finished joint gap must be between 5 and 25mm.
Rocker & Butt Pipes Data
|Nominal Size of Pipe||Effective Length|
|Rocker Pipe||Butt Pipe|
|300 - 600||600||600|
|675 - 1200||1000||1250|
|1400 - 1800||1250||1250|
All dimensions are approximate. Rocker pipes above DN 1800 are not recommended due to potential over-deflection of the pipe joint under settlement. DN 1400 to 1800 Socket Butt pipes will be supplied as Rockers unless otherwise requested.
Please note: at the discretion of Stanton Bonna Concrete Ltd, and where demand dictates, rocker pipes may be supplied in lieu of socket butt pipes, as a suitable substitute.
Concrete Pipes Data
|Nominal Size*||Pipe Dimensions|
|Effective Length||External Diameter||Wall
|DN||‘A’ mm||‘B’ mm||‘C’ mm||‘D’ mm|
|Nominal Size*||Delivery Details||Minimum
|Approx Weight||Max Products
All dimensions and weights are approximate, customers should ensure that lifting equipment has sufficient capacity to allow for variations. Nominal size DN 675 and above are reinforced.
*The nominal size is also the internal diameter in mm except for the DN 800 which is 805mm.
**Based on a 28T load, exact quantity per load to be confirmed with our Sales Team.
An alternative to full length fixed branch junction pipes, the universal junction provides users with three major benefits:
Quick push and twist installation of the branch pipe into the universal junction seal.
Easier to transport, handle and install because of its shorter length and reduced weight.
Allows more flexibility when positioning the branch along the pipeline.
Increased Damage Resistance
No more damage to fixed branches during storage, handling and installation.
No more branch intrusion into the main pipe during on-site branching.
The flexible universal junction seal allows for ground movement.
SuperSleve DN 150 clay branches fit directly.
Densleeve DN 150 clay branches and branches in other materials can be fitted with a suitable adaptor.
The universal junction seal can accommodate either straight pipes or a full range of fittings.
Branch pipes may be deflected up to 3° without loss of water tightness of the joint.
- The universal junction is made in accordance with, and the unit is tested for water tightness to BS EN 1916.
- Plastic caps are available to protect and blank off the universal junction seal.
- Universal junctions are not designed as load bearing structures and should be encased in a suitably designed in-situ concrete surround.
- Prevent axial loading of the seal by not connecting vertically or near vertically into the universal junction.
Universal Junction Data
|Nominal Size of Main Pipe||Effective Length of Universal Junction||Distance to Seal Centre|
|DN||‘A’ mm||‘B’ mm|
All dimensions and weights are approximate, customers should ensure that lifting equipment has sufficient capacity to allow for variations.
Fixed Branch Junctions
- Fixed branch junctions are provided with DN 100, 150 and 225 Densleeve clay branches to BS EN 295.
- DN 300 and above are provided with concrete socket or spigot branches.
- Branches are fitted to full length pipes using cementitious or resin mortars.
- Fixed branch junctions are not designed as load bearing structures and should be encased in a suitably designed in-situ concrete surround.
Fixed Branch Data
of Main Pipe
|'A' DN||'B' DN|
|375||300 - 375|
|450||300 - 450|
|525||300 - 525|
|600||300 - 600|
|675||300 - 675|
|750||300 - 750|
|800||300 - 800|
|900||300 - 900|
|1050||300 - 1050|
|1200||300 - 1200|
|1400 - 1800||300 - 1400|
For full dimensional data please see Technical Guides section below.
- Standard bends are available at angles of 11¼° and 22½°. Bends of 45° and 90° are available dependent upon diameter (see table below).
- Bends having non-standard angles up to 90° can be manufactured on request dependent upon diameter.
- Bends are of polygonal construction (cut and stuck from two or three pipe pieces). Dimensions and leg lengths available below in dimensional data guide.
- Bends are not designed as load bearing structures and should be encased in a suitably designed in-situ concrete surround.
Standard Bends Data
|Nominal Size||Nominal Angles|
|300 - 1800||11¼, 22½, 45, 90|
|2000 - 2400||11¼, 22½, 45|